Friday, December 9, 2011

The Osawatomie Speech: A Defining Moment In History

I am not a fan of Barack Obama, but I have not criticized him as harshly as many other writers do. I have a different view of him. I see him as a rather run of the mill Progressive/Liberal who firmly believes his ideology and acts somewhat consistently on those ideas. Rather than pillory him personally, my approach has been to criticize the philosophy of which he is a product. In my mind, it’s all about ideas. I detest his ideas because I believe they are anti-intellectual and they don’t work.
There are many like Mr. Obama out there. His admirers perceive themselves as being the “downtrodden”, envious of the accomplishments and wealth of those whose abilities they cannot match. I get that: if you can’t achieve it, take it from those who can. Even those limousine liberals who have wealth and accomplishment perceive themselves as either being guilty of their wealth or come from backgrounds where these ideas are passed along. Mr. Obama is no different than any other politician: he seeks power and admiration and the ability to impose his ideas on America.
http://dailycapitalist.com/2011/12/08/the-osawatomie-speech-a-defining-moment-in-history/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment