Friday, September 7, 2012

A Brief History of Political Correctness and Its Origins

(this is exellent, and very relevant to today's political/economic/social/religious climate- AW)


A Guide for the Perplexed:
A brief history of political correctness and its origins.
by Cartes A. Jouer
When I was a student at the International School of Tanganyika in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, in my teenage years, I attended my ‘Humanities’ class that took place on Tuesday mornings.  The topic of the day was the ’Industrial Revolution’.  After discussing the historical climate of how the industrial revolution emerged, my teacher gave a brief overview of who Karl Marx was and the ideas he had formulated, to explain this monumental historical event.  She explained to us that he was the most “profound thinker” whose ideas changed the direction of history.  He did indeed.  My teacher also noted that his theories were so complicated that many people easily misunderstand him and warned us to take his critics with a “grain of salt”.  I put my hand up and asked my teacher if she would agree that Bolshevism and Maoism had caused the deaths of millions in their attempt to bring about Marx’s Utopian ideas to political reality. And that both Lenin and Mao where avowed Marxists.  It seemed that my questions made her see red (no pun intended).  Slamming her hand on the desk she lividly responded “But they were not TRUE Marxists!!”


A Brief History of Political Correctness and Its Origins - Atlas Shrugs

No comments:

Post a Comment