Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A point of interest: Cardinal Turkson: “For me to attack Islam would be to attack my own family” - Vatican Insider

Cardinal Turkson

“For me to attack Islam would be to attack my own family. I come from a family which has an Islamic component. My paternal uncle was a Muslim and he took care of me when I was a boy, and when he grew old I took care of him until he died”.
 
With these words Cardinal Peter Turkson responded to those who accused him of encouraging or supporting anti-Islamic sentiment by showing a YouTube video on “Muslim Demographics” to the synod fathers on Saturday evening, October 13. 


“The point was not to be anti-Islam. Absolutely not! The point was to highlight the demographic situation as a result of the anti-life tendency and culture in the Western world where, as I see it, there is a great need to apply the values of the Kingdom of God and of the Gospel to the social order”, the 64-year old Ghanaian cardinal told me.


Cardinal Turkson: “For me to attack Islam would be to attack my own family” - Vatican Insider

No comments:

Post a Comment